Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm Alive!!!

Ok, so it's been almost a whole year since my last post. Yeah yeah, I know I'm slackin'. The good news is, I'll have a lot to talk about this post. So where should I start?

I guess I'll start with the most recent stuff. I have been leveling my RNG. It is level 72 and it won't be long before I reach level 75. Ringthree had made the suggestion to me and thought that I might like it because it requires a lot of attention to play RNG, and that I had most of the end game equipment for RNG already from my SAM, MNK, and NIN armor collecting days.

I've even got my RNG AF2 collection started already. I was lucky enough to get both the Scout's Beret and Scout's Bracers from Obsidian under the free lot rules.

Since my RNG was not high enough to bid on them normally, I waited until no one else that was of level to bid on them wanted them, and then randomed for them for 4 points.


2 out of 6 pieces isn't too bad considering I wasn't even of level to bid on themwhen I got them. Now that I can bid on the AF2, I'll start working for it more seriously.


On top of the beginning of my AF2 collection for RNG, I needed some good weapons for RNG as well. I had spent 2 days on and off checking on Aquarius. The first time I went, I found him up and decided to give it a try to solo him as NIN/DNC. It didn't go so well. I died and a THF and WAR duo killed it after I got it down to the measely 80%. I came back later that day and killed crab place holders for a few hours, but he never popped. The next day, I popped in and killed a few more place holders before sky. Of course, just my luck, Aquarius popped right before I needed to leave for sky. I went to sky, but after sky, I came back to check on him again, and low and behold, he was still up. I hit up Covered in Bees for anyone that would help and Lguapo offered his help and came as his THF. We killed Aquarius easily and I got this uber Fransisca. A big thanks to Lguapo for his help.

After getting my Fransisca, I felt like I was on a roll and started to camp Wyvernpoacher Drachlox. I hopped on over to Gustav Tunnel and killed the goblin placeholders for a few hours. Lucky me, he popped not too long after killing some goblins. Learning from my mistake with Aquarius, I wanted to be cautious and asked for some help on my first attempt. Crlmsonking came to my aid and helped me kill the little bugger, but I wasn't lucky enough to have him drop the crossbow. I came back the next day, killed placeholders for a few hours and found him to pop again. Crlmsonking offered to come help again, and this time, Kallo offered to come help too as THF with his new TH4 (he had gotten THF AF2 gloves on a previous dynamis run). We killed Wyvernpoacher Drachlox with ease and I got a brand new Othinus's Bow. Yay! Thanks both to Crlmsonking for comming to help me twice, and Kallo for his non-broken TH4 to get the drop.



I have also been very busy with Nyzul Isle assaults. I posted on the Obsidian forums looking for people that would be interested in starting a static group and going from floor 1 to floor 100. Yoteo, Protaeus, Nirion, Callistra, and Kainsen all showed interest and we began our assent up the floors. We've been going up slowly only meeting on Saturdays and using 4 tags. Today we successfully reached floor 70.

In our climb up the Nyzul Isle floors, we haven't been too lucky with the armor drops, as we are at the massive number of 0 armor drops so far. We have gotten plenty of mystic weapon drops. One of them being the Windslicer. I was lucky enough to be the only one in our group that needed it. Yoteo, who also has a 75 SAM had already gotten the Windslicer from his previous Nyzul Isle static. I've also gotten the Burning Fists for my MNK, and the Sasuke Katana for my NIN.

Well with my new Windslicer, I didn't want to wait long to unlock the awesome Tachi: Rana weaponskill. It gives SAM the ability to self darkness skillchain with the Tachi:Rana -> Tachi:Gekko, instead of the old requirement of 3 weaponskills for SAM to make a darkness skillchain. I didn't waste time and spent multiple weeks down in Crawler's Nest killing crawlers and beetles and scorpion with my Fellow NPC (who is now level 62 and has the ability to get up to level 70). I skillchained with my NPC and with Sekkanoki, the 5 minute job ability that allows a SAM to self skillchain with themself. My end tally of skillchain points that I kept track of was around 1700 points. There were some times that I received skillchain points while doing events but I did not keep track of those points. My plan was to work on weaponskill points until my Nyzul Isle static reached the higher floors to meet up with how many weaponskill points I had already obtained. Turned out that floor 55 was where I caught up with my massive amount of weaponskill points collected. So according to Wiki, I had to have about 2300 points in order to unlock Tachi:Rana. I was very excited as I left the assault and noticed Tachi:Rana on my weaponskill list. I immediately went to Jeuno to turn in my unlocked Windslicer so that I could use Tachi:Rana with any great katana. (screenshots of Tachi:Rana to come)

Sky and Sea has been somewhat slow for me. I have all the drops from Sky that I can use for my current jobs, but I still go to help others get drops they want. And progression in Sea is very slow with collecting pop items to pop something that drops something to pop something else that drops something to pop something else. But after a sneaky move by Omoi when she tricked us all into thinking we were doing Kirin on a Sky night, she moved us all to Sea and killed Jailer of Love. We killed it with minimal problems and were rewarded nicely. Kallo got the Love Torque, Shanelle got the Novio earring, and I got this cool looking Love Halberd.

I've been wanting to complete a lot of my missions and finish the end of the storylines. Against my normal judgement, I joined a pick up group that was doing Path of Darkness, the Aht Urhgan mission where you fight the gears and the BLU who turns into a soulflayer. Our first run went horrible, we tried it with 5, and we all died before finishing the first round. After that, we got a 6th member and tried again, but with some bad luck, our 6th lost their connection when we started and we all died before finishing the first round again. Our 6th member showed up again after we got out and we went in to try again. We did much better this time. We got to the end and was fighting the soulflayer, but we ran out of time and lost. I was ready to go to bed by that time, since it was going on 2:00 a.m. I decided to stick around and tried one last time. It's a good thing, because we won. Now I just need to beat Alexander and I've completed the Aht Urhgan mission storyline.

And I will end with a little entertainment from day to day Covered in Bees conversation.

3 comments:

Kallo said...

Grats on everything! Now make sure to mention I'm ALSO the reason you got those RNG Relic pieces =P

Glacian said...

LOL, we'll see. =P

JESS said...

lmao you posted my joke ^^ awesome .... more Blog posts please ;p