Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another Week Gone By

Monday I did very little. Basically, the only thing worth mentioning was that I went to Limbus with Versus. We did Apollyon SW.

Tuesday was a little bit more exciting. When I logged on, Thazienne was online and when I mentioned that I was going to work on weaponskill points for Empyrial Arrow, he offered to help me out. We went to Kuftal Tunnel and killed crabs and lizards making light skillchains with Shark Bite and Arching Arrow. It didn't take too long getting 5 points per skillchain, so I finished my 300 points in under 2 hours.

After me and Thaz finished up the weaponskill points, he was ready to go kill the NM, so I asked in Covered In Bees if anyone would help. Omoikitte and Clubber both volunteered and we all met in Cape Terrigan after I ran to Windurst to turn in my unlocked Bow of Trials.
Once I got back to Cape Terrigan, I met up with everyone else and we all built up some TP with the surrounding mobs and I popped the NM. The NM was a bird NM named Stolas. We killed it with ease and I got the key item from the ??? that I needed in order to finish the quest. I ran back to Windurst again and shortly after. I had the Empyrial Arrow weaponskill for my RNG.

Thanks again to Thazienne for helping me get all those weaponskill points and comming to kill the NM. And thanks to Omoikitte and Clubber for comming out to kill the NM after me and Thazienne finished off the weaponskill points.

Wednesday I spent the afternoon leveling RNG and finally reached level 75 in a nice XP party in Mount Zhayolm killing giants. I got a nice XP buffer as well, and even got to cap both my archery and marksmanship at 269 skill. I was pretty happy.

When dynamis time was comming up, I left the XP party and headed over to Jeuno to get ready for Obsidian's Dynamis-Jeuno run. I got to be the puller for this run, which always makes things a little more interesting. As I am known for wacky pull macros while in dynamis to spice things up a little. Nothing really special about this run though, came close to killing us a few times on big pulls, but nothing our linkshell can't handle usually. The end was really the only sketchy part where we backed ourselves into the palace with a ton of mobs to kill in order to get out. In the end though, we killed them off and got to clear some more mobs and even got some more drops.

After dynamis, Yoteo offered invitations to do some Moblin Maze Mongers. He was trying set up his Voucher for a NM fight, so me, Yoteo, Kimille, and Qtipus did a few farming runs to get some more pebbles first. During my run, I was lucky and got myself a Maze Rune 045.


Once Yoteo got enough pebbles, he finished setting up his Voucher for the NM fight. We went in and we found Tanihwa, a bugard NM. It was an interesting fight. I went NIN and was the tank and I think I held hate fairly well, but holding hate against a Gungnir wielding DRG and a taru SAM on a mission to deal massive damage isn't easy. There was a nasty thundaga III that hurt us for a little bit, but we recovered and in the end got that bugard dead. Congrats to Yoteo on a new Maze Run 056.

Thursday was a Sea day in Versus. We did some normal farming in the palace and garden. After our farming we went and popped Jailer of Fortitude. Fortitude is always a boring fight for me as melee damage is very weak to it and we kite Jailer of Fortitude which makes meleeing it even harder. In the end, it was worth it though, because it dropped a pretty torque.

Congrats to Izman for the pretty new Fortitude Torque.
After Sea, Versus did a Limbus run. Omoikitte scheduled an Ultima run. I went as RNG for the first time and had a fun time as I was able to deal a good amount of damage, but didn't have to be in range for any of Ultima's nasty AOE damage moves. It was a good fight and we were rewarded well in the end with some good drops.

And congrats to the winners of these drops.

Friday I spent most of the day helping Ringthree out with a bunch of his AF. It originally started out as a weaponskill point/skill up group of Ringthree and Izman. Ring invited me to join them when I said I was working on Detonator weaponskill points. Once I got out to them, they decided to get Ringthree's coffer keys at the same time as we worked off weaponskill points and such. Our first stop was Beadeaux for Ring's WHM AF hands coffer key. He never finished the quest and in order to start his BLM AF hands quest, he had to finish the WHM quest. Lguapo joined us with his THF for some treasure hunter action. It wasn't long before we got the coffer key drop and we were even lucky enough to have a treasure coffer right next to us when it dropped.


Ring ran back to Jeuno and got the key item to pop Dark Spark and we all met in Castle Zvahl Baileys to kill the NM. Dark Spark was easy, Ring popped it as soon as he reached the flame and we killed it before Izman even zoned in. Ring went back to Jeuno again and got his BLM AF gloves and came back to Castle Zvahl Baileys again because he thought he needed a coffer key and treasure coffere for another piece of BLM AF. After me, Izman, and Lguapo had been killing demons to pass time waiting for Ring to get back, Ring finally showed back up with us and we find out that BLM doesn't have any coffer AF from Castle Zvahl Baileys.
After that fiasco, we went to Garliage Citadel for Ring's BLM AF coffer key next since we had 4 people at the time. We dropped down into the basement and had to have killed maybe 2 mobs at most and the coffer key dropped immediately. Ring is a lucky SOB. >.> We ran around behind the Banishing Gates and found a treasure coffer easily and Ring got himself another pair of Old Guantlets for his BLM AF hands this time.

With all this fun, why stop there, we headed over to Eldieme Necropolis for another coffer AF for Ring's BLM. Unfortunately, while everyone was ready to start killing for the coffer key drop, I had to go to dinner with family. However, when I got back, they had already gotten key and was looking for the treasure coffer. I met up with them and arrived just in time to see Ringthree get a brand new BLM hat.
Congrats to Ring on his new BLM hat.

That was the last of the running around helping Ringthree out with his BLM AF. It was time for salvage and Ringthree, Izman, and Lguapo all had to go get ready for that. I, on the other hand, decided I'd finish working on Detonator weaponskill points that I had started solo earlier during my down times of the week. Whmrock offered to come out and help me while I was down in Crawler's Nest killing Helm Beetles. With Whmrock's help, I got my points to finish off Gun of Trials in under and hour. A big thanks to Whmrock for the help.

Saturday had a great start. I woke up, logged on, and Jess had finished einherjar and Whmrock had just logged on too. Both of them had offered to help fight the Detonator NM Friday night, but didn't have a mage to help out. Crlmsonking was online and offered to help too. So we met in The Boyahda Tree, killed the surrounding crawlers and popped the NM. It was a fly NM called Beat Leafhopper. With 4 of us, it was very easy. We beat it down fast and I was merrily on my way to get my new weapon skill, Detonator.

After I ran to Bastok to get my new weaponskill, it was time for Nyzul Isle assaults. Yoteo wasn't able to make it this week, so we asked Kaylea to sub in for our 6th. We started at floor 71 and we made it all the way up to floor 85. We are so close to floor 100 right now, I am very excited about it. No luck on any armor drops when we went through floor 80 though.

Lastly, the full moon was comming up and I was ready to go and try and get me a Selene's Bow. I wanted to get one for a while so that I could replace my Eurytos' Bow with it so I could make the gil back. Again, Crlmsonking was there to help me camp it when the full moon turned over. When I got there, I found a 75 nin, Ashrey, there with their npc soloing the White Coney already. I offered to join up with them and try for 2 Selene's Bows and they agreed and we started killing raptors in between spawns and had to have killed at least 10 White Coneys before the first bow finally dropped. Poor Crlmsonking had to log off for bed right before the first bow dropped. I was lucky and outlotted Ashrey on first bow, but even better, the next NM bunny we spawned also dropped the bow, so Ashrey got his bow too.

Congrats to both me and Ashrey, and thanks to both Crlmsonking and Whmrock again.
As everyone was leaving, I sent Solidsnake a tell because he said that he had been trying to get a Selene's Bow too. I told him I would stay and help him kill the rabbit until the moon phase changed. He came by and we killed about half a dozen NMs or so, but sadly we weren't lucky enough to get the drop before the moon phase changed. Maybe next time.

Well, this has been a super long post, but what do you expect, it's a whole weeks worth of stuff to talk about. Anyways, I just want to thank everyone again that helped me with everything that I did this week, I got a lot accomplished and am very pleased with the amount of stuff I got done. And I think I shall finish this post with a picture of my awesome RNG.

1 comment:

Kallo said...

Mmm. Lotso f stuff.

...needs moar Kallo.

Just sayin', =P