Next is my Saotome set (a.k.a. AF2). This is another one of my "pride and joy" sets of armor. Now isn't this armor just the sexiest set of armor you've seen? I've always been a fan of the samurai AF armor, but the gold trim instead of the red just makes it look so much cooler. Granted it doesn't have the best stats, but it is definately nice "show armor". I always get lots of /checks while running around in town or anywhere when I wear this. It took me about 2.5 years to get this full set for samurai. I'm proud to say I got all of this armor with Obsidian.
Not only am I an armor set fanatic, I like to collect great katanas as well. This is most of my collection. I have a few event great katanas stored away in npc storage that I didn't feel like digging out (i.e. hardwood katana, lotus katana). I try to keep mostly just rare/ex great katanas, otherwise I'd have a MH full of common AH great katanas that I can just pick up anytime. There is one great katana I'm interested in eventually picking up off the AH though. The Murasame that drops off the Ash Dragon in Ifrit's Cauldron is actually fairly rare that it's almost like it's a rare/ex great katana. I've seen it on the AH a few times for outrageous prices, but it's gone down quite a bit. Nothing really special about the Murasame that makes it better than say Hagun, but it's one of those collector's great katanas I'd like to eventually get. Probably the closest thing to a Masamune or a Muramasa that SE will add to the game. I'd also like to get a Kumokirimaru. It drops from the Wamurai Camp Raid assault. Maybe some day I'll try farming that assault over and over to get it, but completing all the assaults comes first. Amanomurakumo, the relic great katana, is also one of my goals to work on. I've actually started to slowly collect dynamis coins to work towards that now. Lastly is the Windslicer, the level 100 Nyzle Isle assault great katana. SE has mentioned info about these weapons being a second relic weapon.
Enough about great katanas for now. Some other armor sets that I hold on to for "funs and giggles" are the sky god armor(left) and the level 50 JSE(right). I don't really wear the sky armor as a full set. Usually I'll wear certain pieces mixed and matched for different situations and jobs. It's just one of those things I've collected over time and got the full set. All of my sky drops I got with Versus.The level 50 JSE, which is actually the Shinimusha Hara-Ate and Shinimusha Haidate mixed with the level 50 JSE, is one of those "I got it just because" sets. To be honest, I look like a red samurai fireman in this armor, but it makes decent 50 cap armor for those random CoP capped missions people ask help for.
Another armor set that I use to have, but sold a while ago, is the Hachiman set. I don't have a picture of me in it anymore, but I'm considering collecting pieces of it again until I get the full set maybe later on. It's a pretty cool looking armor, but what makes it disappointing to me is that they didn't use a kabuto for the helm, but rather a jinpachi. The new "upgraded samurai look" from the "AF look" was good, it was just the helm that saddened me. Oh well, can't have everything.
Anyways, I've rambled on enough about armor and great katanas for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment