Tuesday, February 26, 2008

SATA of DOOM!!!

Ok, where to start? I guess Sunday would be best. I started off the morning early leveling PUP in Qufim Island. I was planning on just soloing, but another PUP offered to team up and kill some toughs. He was a really nice JP PUP. I had my Sharpshot automaton, and he had the Valoredge automaton. So we made a pretty good team. I got level 30 PUP right before time for dynamis. In which I scrounged up all the gil I had left to buy the items for my last automaton frame (which was the Valoredge). I've spent a few hours seeking on my PUP trying to get a party, but I really think I'm going to end up soloing most of my levels.

Which brings me to my genius idea of a sub job for PUP. I know I've said that I'll never play as SAM/PUP, but I DO however think that PUP/DNC would be an awesome combo. Perfect for the solo PUP to be a little more self sufficient while fighting, and less relying on my automaton to keep me alive. PUP/DNC would be the "Ultimate Entertainer" job. A little automaton to entertain, and a little dancing from the player too. LOL! Anyways, I started to level DNC for my sub, and I feel like it's almost cheating with Drain Samba. I've just been mowing over easy prey mobs and having almost no down time with each hit draining back any HP I loose. I hit 10 DNC this morning and will probably try to get a party in the Dunes soon to get to 20 fast.

Now on to dynamis. Obsidian was doing dynamis-xarcabard and was going for a Dynamis Lord kill. Dynamis is mostly uneventful for me, same old same old each time I go, but it still has some entertaining value to it, and as I've said in an earlier post here, I'd like to start working towards my relic great katana. That and I want to complete my NIN AF2 set, then I can call it quits on AF2 collecting and focus solely on coins. I just need Koga Tekko and Koga Hatsuburi to complete my NIN AF2 set, which will make complete AF2 armor set #3. I may go for the Koga Sarashi, but right now, a lot of the older ninjas in Obsidian are more interested in it that I am, so it'll be one of those things I go for maybe later. So we have a pretty good dynamis-xarcabard run. No real wipes and we took Dynamis Lord down pretty easily. Sadly, all Dynamis Lord dropped was a 100 byne bill, which went to the LS bank. No Koga Tekko for me either that run. I had top bid on it too. Poor Omoikitte didn't get her Wyrm Armet as well. It's her last peice of DRG AF2 she needs to complete the set and I think she's inherited the Akimarie curse. It never drops when she can make it to dynamis-xarcabard and has winning bid on it, but when she can't make it to a dynamis-xarcabard run, it drops and someone else gets it for super cheap points. >.<

So after dynamis, it was time for sky. I meandered my way over to sky ready for a Kirin fight. There was another LS there to do Kirin too, but Omoikitte had it all worked out so that we popped Kirin first and they'd help us with the mini gods if we would help them kill the mini gods in return after we finished our Kirin. We killed the mini gods super easy with the aid of the other linkshell. Things were going pretty much like normal while kiting Kirin, only thing was we seemed to be a little light on damage, so things were going a little slower than normal. Nothing too big of a deal, other than the other linkshell would have to wait longer for us to finish. >.>; That's not the exciting part of the fight though. Through a combination of lag and just dumb bad luck, one of our tanks (who I will remain nameless, no need to name them) accidentally called for help when trying to disengage from Kirin to start kiting. We had a mess of a time getting Kirin out of "call for help" mode and back to claimed status, but we eventually got it back under control and went on our merry way killing Kirin again.

So while killing Kirin, I've come to believe more and more that my SATA weapon skills have a curse attached to them (which brings me to the title of this post). My SAM/THF has a SATA of DOOM!!! When we stop Kirin to straight tank him, I try to line up a SATA onto a tank to place some hate. Normally, I'll do anywhere from as little as 500 damage, to as much as 1000+ damage onto a tank. That seems like a good amount of hate, right? Well, maybe it's a little too much, because most of the time, shortly after I land a SATA onto our ninja tanks, they all seem to die shortly after. Poor Samuraisoldier, Akanea, and Raikoh. I swear, I think I got them each killed at least 2-3 times alone because of just my SATA onto them. It's bad enough they die a lot just having to kite Kirin and do their best to stay alive without the aid of a crazy samurai making it more difficult for them. So to make them feel better, I changed my weapon skill macro to say something along the lines of "SATA Tachi: Gekko onto Tank that's going to die soon!!!" in a linkshell message for a heads up. Aren't I so nice? ^^;

Samuraisoldier is trying to make me go to next Kirin as NIN (good luck with that). I mean, who's going to do the big weapon skill SATAs onto the tanks then? Not Samuraisoldier! What's he going to do, dance Kirin to death with his SAM/DNC combo? =P LOL, just kidding. Nah, I really just don't have any tanking gear for my NIN. All my equip is basically "hand me downs" from my SAM and MNK. So my NIN is really more so equipped as a damage dealing NIN (that and I sold most of my NIN equip recently, I'm down to just my rare/ex equip). SAM/THF is probably the best job for me to go to Kirin anyways. I could go as MNK with a chi blast setup, but that's so boring. I'd never get to kite Kirin after building up so much hate, the tanks can't keep hate off me until I die. ^^

That was pretty much it for Sunday. I had work on Monday, so I missed limbus completely. ; ; I did however make it home in time for assaults at least. I got a few good assaults in for some points. I almost have enough for Pahluwan feet. I'm about 1000 points away. After that, I have at least 10,000 points needed to get Pahluwan body and legs to finish the set. It's going to be my level 70+ PUP armor with the possible NIN shuriken ranged attack setup I've always wanted to play with. After assaults were over, I ran over to San d'Oria and leveled DNC for a few hours before bed.

No comments: